This is the privacy notice of Something Old Something New Bridal Boutique of 1 The Marsh, Pylewell Road, Hythe, Southampton, Hants SO45 6AP.
This privacy notice sets out how we collect and process your personal data. This privacy notice also provides certain information that is legally required and lists your rights in relation to your personal data. The privacy and security of your personal information is very important to us so we want to assure you that your information will be properly managed and protected by us at all times.
For the purposes of relevant data protection legislation we are a controller of your personal data. As a controller we use or process the personal data we hold about you in accordance with this privacy notice.
The personal data that we collect about you may include the following information:
- Personal data you provide to us in person via our website or by telephone.
- Personal data you provide when you enquire about making an appointment.
- Personal data you provide when asking us to sell a wedding dress on your behalf.
- General information about you such as your name, contact details, wedding date and venue.
- Personal data such as your size and vital statistics.
- Personal data such as your bank account number and sort code (this only applies to dresses which have been sold on your behalf so that monies can be paid).
Who we pass your personal data to:
- Designers who we need to contact to fulfil an order for wedding dresses who will need to know some personal information such as your wedding date and your size in order to fulfil their contractual obligation.
- Suppliers who we need to contact to fulfil an order for any of our bridal accessories.
- Third parties we use to recover money you may owe us or to whom we may pass on your debt, should it occur.
- We can pass on your information to comply with legal obligations such as tax legislation.
We will only store your data for as long as is necessary to comply with the requirements of our contractual obligations as laid out in the terms and conditions when purchasing a wedding dress or selling a wedding dress on your behalf and documentation that may be required by law by the tax authorities such as invoices.
Our customers have the following rights in terms of the personal data we hold about them:
- To receive access to their personal data and to request correction of their personal data.
- To request erasure of their personal information. Where there is good reason for the personal information to be kept we may refuse the erasure of the personal data. Good reasons can include legal/statutory reasons for non-erasure, legitimate interest for non-erasure.
- To request the restriction of processing of their personal data and to request to receive a copy of their personal data.
- To withdraw the consent given to us with regard to the processing of their personal data at any time. Note that any withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before it was withdrawn or revoked.
How to raise a complaint:
To exercise any of the above rights, or for any questions or complaints about our use of personal data, please contact our Data Protection Officer, Lesley Waterman at Something Old Something New bridal boutique in Hythe on 02380843888.
Complaints may also be submitted to the Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection. More information can be found at www.ico.org.uk